Monday, January 14, 2013

Priorities

Dear Family,


While Sister Bowen was attending the departing devotional, I got to spend a few hours with Sister Schott and Willis. We had a really good companion study and relaxing party. Sister Schott explained to me how we should set priorities. Number 1 always is God--if it brings us closer to Him, we have to put that first, because then He can bless us with opportunities and time to do the other priorities. When we don't put Him first, we lose the blessings. Then, we should do the things that bring us closer to our family. Education comes third, and last is recreation. 

So often it is easy to just focus on one aspect, and a lot of times, at least for me at school, it was education. The balance wasn't there. While I've been on this mission, I have seen the blessings that come on the days I do put the Lord first and follow the Spirit--the other tasks always get done better. I've seen how the other missionaries enjoy their missions and are learning to prioritize and how happy they are. I am deciding today to be more grateful. So for the rest of the emails, I am going to always include something that I'm so grateful for, and my testimony.
 
This week I am grateful for Jody. Our prayer was answered and she was baptized on Saturday. What a beautiful baptism it was. Her closest friends were there, and the Spirit was so strong. Jody is so excited to be a Mormon! It was a lovely baptism.  The picture included was taken with Jody, Brother Larsen (1st counselor in the bishopric), and us. What a wonderful way to end a mission, too, for Sister Bowen. She's done such good in this area, and brought many souls to Christ, and I'm happy for her that she was able to see Jody baptized.


 
I know the Lord lives. I know families can be forever, and that we are all children of God. We are put on this earth to learn and grow. I know that the atonement is real. Only through Christ can we be changed, but we have to be willing. I know that once we are willing to change miracles happen. I've seen it in others, and I know that I can change too. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
 
Love,
Sister Allison Mills 

No comments:

Post a Comment